打印

[分享] American Slang & Classic Clips

American Slang & Classic Clips

American Slang
Trade secrets,my son.("The Rock")
专业秘密,孩子


Trade secrets 行业秘密 行内人才知道的本领,技能
eg:Wow,you built a beautiful house!How do you do it?
  哇,你建了一个漂亮的房子!你是怎么做到的?
Ah,ah...I can't tell you,I'm a very important architect -trade secrets.If you're an architect too,you might figure it out.我不能告诉你,这是建筑师的行业秘密.如果你是建筑师,你可能画出来.
eg:Trade secrets.If you want to know,you have to practice Tai Chi too.
行业秘密.如果想知道,你也得联系太极.

Classic Clips
They're calling our bluff,sir.("The Rock")
他们在挑衅我们,长官.


call someone's bluff 知道某人虚张声势
eg:Hey John,I'm calling your bluff.You don't have four aces in your hand! 嘿 约翰.我认为你在虚张声势.你手里不可能有四个A.
eg:When he threatened to dismiss me.I call his bluff.
他威胁要解雇我的时候,我知道他在虚张声势.

I'm warmin' up.("The Rock")
我开始准备了.


warm up 开始准备做某事 热身
eg:You need to do some exercises to warm up before the game.
  赛跑前你需要做些热身运动.
eget's have a drink and warm up a little before we go to the night club. 我们去夜总会前先找个地方喝一杯.

TOP

American Slang
So,I get up the nerve to break his heart.("My Best Friend's Wedding")
于是我壮着胆子去伤他的心。

get up the nerve to do something 鼓起勇气或提心吊胆的做事
eg:I don't know, I'm really shy. It's really hard for me to get up the nerve to ask someone for help. 我不知道,我非常害羞。对我来说很难鼓起勇气向别人求助。
eg: Oh, I think that boy is really cute, but I can’t get up the nerve to go talk to him. I’m too embarrassed. 哦,我觉得那个男孩非常可爱,但我却不敢和他说话。我太不好意思了。

Classic Clips
It's been a while.I'm just going to have to take your word on that.("My Best Friend's Wedding") 有一段时间了。我只能相信你说的话。

take someone's word 相信别人的话
eg:I'll be there! You can take my word.
我会去的。相信我吧。
eg:I'll take your word, dude. I just have a difficult time believing that I even have a chance. 我会相信你的,哥们儿。我只是不太相信我还有机会。

If he gives you any grief,you come and see me.("My Best Friend's Wedding")如果他欺负你,就来找我。

give somebody grief 让某人伤心 为难或刁难某人
eg:When I was a teenager, I know that I gave my mom a lot of grief. 我年轻时总是让母亲难过。
eg:Everyday at work, someone comes in and gives me grief about something. It’s okay. It’s just part of my job. 每天工作时都有人给我找麻烦。不过,没事的。这就是我工作的一部分。

TOP

American Slang
I'll get the scoop tomorrow.("Mona Lisa Smile")
明天我去打探消息.
the scoop 独家新闻 很重要的消息或谣传
eg:Hey,come on!What's the scoop?Who's getting fired?Is it me?Is it you?What's the scoop?What did you find out? 嘿,快说!最新消息是什么,谁要被解雇了?是你?是我?你找到什么了?
eg:-Why do you like reading those magazines so much?
   你怎么那么爱看那些杂志?
-Well,I just like to know the latest scoop about all the celebrities and movie stars. 我只是想知道那些名人和演员的绯闻.

Classic Clips
Connie.Is this the brush-off?("Mona Lisa Smile")
康妮,这是拒绝我吗?
brush-off 刷掉,丢弃,拒绝
eg:It's so frustrating how sales people won't leave you alone.I always just give them the brush-off.被营销人员缠着的感觉太难受了.我总是拒绝他们.
eg:I think I'm gonna give them the brush-off.I'm just not going to date anybody right now. 我想我会拒绝他.我现在还不想约会.

On a lark.("Mona Lisa Smile")
只是随便试试.
On a lark 随便试试、玩玩
eg:I decided it on a lark that I would just apply for it.
  我决定试着申请一下.
eg:I bought it on a lark.
  我心血来潮就买了.

TOP

THANKS ,very informative and it really work out

TOP

有没有中英文对照的文章啊

TOP